90-second bread is a keto and low carb microwave bread made with coconut flour. It is “baked” in the microwave in 90 seconds, hence its name.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (if using salted, omit the salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or just a pinch of fine salt)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (gluten free if needed)
- In a small microwave safe bowl (mine measures 3 inches on the bottom and 3.5 inches at the top), melt the butter in the microwave.
- Allow the melted butter to slightly cool, then mix in the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Microwave the mixture on high for 90 seconds. Bread will puff up while “baking,” then slightly deflate. When done, it will look like a muffin. Make sure it appears set, otherwise microwave 10-20 more seconds (but 90 seconds should be enough, and overcooking can dry it up). Take care when removing it from the microwave. The bowl will be hot.
- Let the bread slightly cool, a minute or so. Then gently, with a paring knife, loosen the bread edges and remove from the bowl onto a plate.
- Slice the 90 second bread crosswise into two slices and top with your favorite toppings.
- If you’d like to toast the 90-second bread, heat 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter in a medium skillet over medium-low (not higher) heat. Or spray the skillet with olive oil spray. Add the bread slices. Cook, gently pressing on them with a spatula to ensure even toasting, until golden, about 3 minutes per side.