Made with Finnish bread cheese, these butter herb cheese sticks taste just like a breaded mozzarella stick when dipped into marinara, but with absolutely no carbs!
What better keto food idea then one with zero carbs – yes 0 carbs.
Finnish bread cheese is buttery and slightly sweet. NO need to use any breading with these tasty cheese sticks.
Just 4 ingredients you can be on your way to making these low carb cheese sticks.
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 oz. Carr Valley Bread Cheese cut into 12 even slices
- 2-3 Sprigs of fresh Rosemary
- 2-3 Sprigs of fresh Oregano
- Keto-friendly marinara sauce for dipping (optional)
- Slice the bread cheese into 12 even slices. The Carr Valley bread cheese comes already scored into 12 servings, so cut evenly along the provided lines.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Place the fresh herbs into the butter, and saute for 30 seconds until they become aromatic.
- Place the cheese slices into the skillet with one of the cut sides down. Saute for a few minutes until the cheese begins to caramelize, and then flip to cook until caramelized on the other side.
- Remove the cheese from the skillet, allow to cool for a few minutes, and serve with keto-friendly marinara sauce if desired.