This cake is made in an angel food cake and is poked with a toothpick to absorb the lemon glaze. Super Delicious!
There is something about lemon cake that is soooo refreshing! Also known as lemon drizzle cake, lemon poke cake and the moist lemon cake I can’t live without – this recipe is a favorite and it’s no surprise why!
I found this lemon ice pick cake recipe in my little recipe box from our wedding that I’ve had fun sorting through. Although I didn’t have an ice pick (as the original directions suggested to use), I did have a toothpick to make this lemon jello cake recipe. It’s so easy!
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Cup orange juice
- 1 package instant lemon pudding
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 Cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 TB butter
- 1/3 Cup lemon juice (need 1.5 lemons)
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Butter and flour an angel food cake pan.
- Mix together yellow cake mix, oil, orange juice and instant pudding. Add 3 eggs one at a time, beating after each egg. Spread batter in angel food cake pan making sure that the batter is even on all sides.
- Bake in 350˚ F for 50 minutes. Let cake cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan.
- To make the glaze, mix the confectioner’s sugar, melted butter and lemon juice.
- Poke holes in cake with toothpick and add glaze.
- To make sure the lemon glaze is not lumpy, use a strainer to remove lumps from powdered sugar before mixing with butter and lemon.